READING, Pa. - The man who police said acted as the would-be getaway driver in a robbery that resulted in the deaths of two suspects was charged Tuesday with murder.
Alexander Garcia-Bialek was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Monday at his home in Fleetwood, Berks Co.
In addition to 2nd degree murder, Garcia-Bialek, 21, is also facing conspiracy charges and robbery charges.
The two suspects, identified Robert De Carr and William Medina, were shot and killed by a "concerned citizen" as the pair left the Krick's Korner store, 1671 N. 9th St., with stolen money, cigarettes and lottery tickets Monday afternoon, police said.
De Carr, 18, and Medina, 24, were armed with their own guns and wearing ski masks, police said.
The concerned citizen had a license to carry the gun he used, said Berks County District Attorney John Adams, adding that he doesn't expect to file criminal charges against him.
The Pennsylvania attorney general's office is asking the judge who sentenced former congressional aide Tim Smith for a harsher sentence.Read More »
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Person of interest sought in shooting of 2 men in Reading
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Updated Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Updated Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Woman reportedly arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- Life Lessons: Nursery product-related injuries rising
- Some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway