BETHEL TWP., Pa. - Police have identified the body of a woman found in a remote area of Berks County this weekend and say her death appears to be suspicious.
Police say 24-year-old Alishia Eller's body was found in a rural area of Bethel Township Saturday and they're still trying to determine how the Schuylkill County woman died.
Troopers are trying to piece together how and why Eller's body ended up in an excavation storage site in secluded Bethel Township.
"It's a very isolated area, very rural. In general speaking, there wouldn't be people walking around or parking their vehicle there," said State Police spokesman David Boehm.
Police were called to Musselman and Beagle roads Saturday morning after someone discovered the the body.
Following the results of an autopsy, police are calling the Schuylkill County woman's death suspicious. But it's unclear how she and where she died
"If this female died there or died somewhere else and was brought to that location, that's still part of what we're doing," Boehm added.
But police have an idea as to when the Pine Grove woman died--police say her death was recent. They believe the body had been there just 24 to 48 hours before it was discovered.
Any one who has seen any vehicle out in that location-- Beagle or Mussleman roads in the few days, call state police at Hamburg barracks.
Police are also asking anyone with information regarding Eller's whereabouts Friday night leading into Saturday morning to please come forward and contact state police.
In an emergency, you dial 911, expecting first-responders to know exactly what to do.Read More »
- Exeter moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- 2 men sought in pair of armed robberies in Reading
- Kutztown baseball punches ticket to District 3 championship game
- Wilson WL girls make history with semifinal win over Governor Mifflin
- Fightins drop 3rd straight in series opener at Trenton
- Updated Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 87-year-old man dies after car crash in Bath earlier this month
- Updated Variable cloudiness this afternoon with most of the rain staying south and east today and tomorrow
- Updated Commission approves LED lights for 'Trenton Makes' Bridge
- Kelly Services to hold job fair in Allentown, looking to fill 300+ warehouse positions at XPO
- First-hand look at training firefighters go through
- Palmer police looking for 2 men accused of stealing $300 worth of razors from Giant
- Northampton teen leads police on 30-minute chase
- Updated 2 men sought in pair of armed robberies in Reading
- Life Lessons: Breakfast at this office?