LOWER HEIDELBERG TWP., Pa. - A body was found around 4 p.m. Sunday in Lower Heidelberg Township, according to Berks County detectives.
District Attorney John Adams confirmed the body was found in the area of Riegel Road and Faust Road.
The body is believed to be a female, detectives said. Investigators believe the person died at a different location from where the body was found.
An autopsy is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Monday. Detectives said they believe this to be an isolated incident and residents shouldn't be alarmed.
At Kutztown University's Keystone Arena, people were shooting basketball hoops to help a charitable cause.Read More »
- Santa's sleigh hits the streets in Exeter
- Free adoption weekend in Berks County
- Opponents of proposed warehouse pack meeting in Tilden
- Ex-DJ says $1 payment to Taylor Swift sent by mail last week
- Snowmaking underway on slopes at Bear Creek in Berks
- Berks expecting to see season's first coating of snow
- Cold, breezy but mostly sunny Sunday, with some slick spots in the morning
- Fire damages several homes, structures in Wilson
- Saturday's snow exceeds expectations
- PHOTOS: The first snowfall of the season
- Basketball fundraiser benefits charity that gives free haircuts to people with autism
- Smoke detectors donated in honor of boy, 9, who died in East Coventry fire
- FBI assisted police with incident at Parkland High School
- Excitement and cheer fill the North Pole Express
- Temperatures drop overnight, accidents reported across the region
- Husband charged in death of North Catasauqua woman