READING, Pa. - A Reading man has been locked up for allegedly trying to kill his ex-girlfriend and putting her son in harm's way.
RPD officers responded Tuesday for the report of a shooting in the 700 block of Moss Street. They learned that Vincent Altruz-Gutierrez fired at least one shot at his ex-girlfriend's car and another shot directly at her, according to court documents.
Neither the woman nor her son, who was in the back seat of the car, was injured, police said.
Altruz-Gutierrez fled the scene but was apprehended a short time later, police said. He was charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, and recklessly endangering another person. He's in the Berks County Jail on $50,000 bail.
The shooting stemmed from an argument between the former couple over money, according to court documents.
What's the average time table for complete recovery? Brace yourself Eagles nation.Read More »
- Captured: Reading man jailed in attempt to kill girlfriend
- No real estate tax increase for Spring Township residents
- Berks bus passenger describes NYC explosion scene as 'chaos'
- Expert sees partisanship in Pennsylvania congressional maps
- Session instructs police officers on how to cope with stress
- Eagles fans weigh in on Wentz's injury, Foles' return
- East Penn school board approves full-day kindergarten
- Teen, 19, injured in Allentown shooting
- Updated Northampton County DA to announce charges in homicide case
- Life Lessons: Parents should be present during trauma care
- Alleged robbers point fingers at each other
- Police say wife slashes at husband, eludes K-9
- Updated Berks sports surgeon explains Wentz's season-ending injury
- P'burg man charged in brutal attack of girlfriend
- Flemington council gives nod to controversial Union Hotel redevelopment plan
- Updated No real estate tax increase for Spring Township residents