READING, Pa. - A Reading man has been locked up for allegedly trying to kill his ex-girlfriend and putting her son in harm's way.
RPD officers responded Tuesday for the report of a shooting in the 700 block of Moss Street. They learned that Vincent Altruz-Gutierrez fired at least one shot at his ex-girlfriend's car and another shot directly at her, according to court documents.
Neither the woman nor her son, who was in the back seat of the car, was injured, police said.
Altruz-Gutierrez fled the scene but was apprehended a short time later, police said. He was charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, and recklessly endangering another person. He's in the Berks County Jail on $50,000 bail.
The shooting stemmed from an argument between the former couple over money, according to court documents.
- Reading to hold Craft Time in the Pagoda
- Benefit basketball game played to honor former Schuylkill Valley student
- Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- From restaurants to rails, St. Patrick's Day fun for all
- PSU president meets with community leaders in Reading
- Change of plans: Bear Creek to extend season a few more days
- Multiple crews battle large fire at former Trainers Inn in Carbon County
- Allentown Police: Kevin Esterly arrested, Amy Yu located in Mexico
- A pleasant day to cap off St. Patrick's Day weekend
- Updated Fire damages apartment building in Coopersburg
- Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- Bethlehem pulls together to hold St. Patrick's Day parade
- Allentown's St. Patrick's Day parade to be held Sunday
- Law enforcement on lookout for impaired drivers this weekend
- State police respond to incident in Berks County
- Updated Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced