READING, Pa. - Reading police are trying to track down whoever is responsible for shooting and killing a man whose body was found lying in an alley Sunday morning.
Saxxon Hopkins, 20, of Exeter Township, was found dead at around 8 a.m. in the 1100 block of Mulberry Street, police said.
Hopkins was shot multiple times in the upper torso. He was lying in an alley between two houses. It does not appear either house is associated with the victim, police said.
At this point, there are no suspects or witnesses, however, several neighbors did say they heard several gunshots around 3:30 a.m., but did not see anything, police said.
Police are asking the public for any possible information regarding this investigation. Reading police can be contacted at 610-655-6246 or 610-655-6116. Anonymous tips can also be called in to Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. A cash reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Updated Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying