WEST READING, Pa. - Police are on the hunt for a man who robbed a gas station by holding a razor blade to a clerk's throat.
The holdup happened around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Lukoil in the 300 block of Penn Avenue in West Reading, Berks Co.
The robber, a man in his 40s, held the blade to the cashier's throat while he grabbed $150 in cash from the register, police said.
The man was last seen walking away on Penn Avenue toward Reading.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. A cash reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival