POTTSTOWN, Pa. - A Montgomery County man was held for court on all charges in a case of road rage that stretched into Berks County.
Christopher Cossel, 31, was arrested in connection with the incident in September. He faces 14 charges, including aggravated assault, possession of firearm prohibited, harassment, and disorderly conduct.
Police were dispatched to Route 100 in Berks and Montgomery counties on the morning of September 22.
An investigation revealed two vehicles had their first encounter near North State Street in Upper Pottsgrove Township, according to police documents.
After the encounter, police said Cossel drove his vehicle onto the right-hand shoulder and maneuvered in an attempt to broadside the victim's car. The victim, however, managed to avoid the crash.
Farther up Route 100, both vehicles were stopped at Township Line Road in Colebrookdale Township, Berks County. During that stop, police said Cossel got out of his vehicle and fired a minimum of one shot from a semi-automatic weapon toward the victim and his vehicle.
Cossel's formal arraignment is scheduled for Jan. 17.
Some holiday party planners in Berks County are finding themselves having to make some last-minute rearrangements.Read More »
- Grease fire damages home near Barto, sends man to hospital
- Bear Creek sets plans to open slopes for 2017-18 season
- 2 hospitalized, more than dozen displaced by fire in Reading
- Reading police say Pear Street shooting now a homicide
- Reading homicide victim leaves 2 young sons, grieving family
- Berks commissioners OK 3.87% tax increase for 2018
- Updated Dinardo and Kratz plead not guilty to homicide charges
- Updated Easton PD: Man shot multiple times on W. Wilkes Barre St.
- State Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure
- Tiny house sending big message
- Driver killed in Alburtis train crash identified
- Family describes Jamie Metzger's life at time of disappearance
- Health Beat: Cesium for prostate cancer
- Arts Around Town: Demkee marks 40 years as Allentown Band conductor
- Exeter evicts Viva as country club's caterer, pub operator
- Tom Ridge returns home nearly a month after heart attack