TAMPA, Fla. - Professional indoor soccer is coming to Berks County.
"We are very pleased to welcome Reading as a member of the MISL," said Chris Economides, the league's senior director. "As we grow the MISL into new cities, an addition such as Reading, which will be an excellent regional rival for the Baltimore Blast, strengthens the league's structure and will bring great entertainment to eastern Pennsylvania."
The Pennsylvania Roar is the second franchise set to join the MISL in the 2013-14 season. The team will join the St. Louis Ambush, which was announced in June, as a new addition to the league when it begins play at the Sovereign Center this November.
"On behalf of SMG and the Berks County Convention Center Authority, we are excited to host the MISL franchise at the Sovereign Center," said Zane Collings, SMG's regional general manager. "We feel the MISL will bring a new and thrilling sporting event to our patrons and look forward to attracting all the soccer fans from the region to our arena."
More details regarding the team and its ownership will be announced at a news conference next Tuesday.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- Kutztown baseball punches ticket to District 3 championship game
- Wilson WL girls make history with semifinal win over Governor Mifflin
- Fightins drop 3rd straight in series opener at Trenton
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart