LONGSWAMP TWP., Pa. - Fall weather is finally starting to arrive, and Savidge Farms in Berks County is ready to welcome the season.
"It's turning out to be a very good year," co-owner Donald Savidge said of the farm's pumpkin-growing season. "Because of all the water we had, it was a little iffy in the beginning, but it seems like the pumpkins are holding up very good."
The family-owned farm in Longswamp Township began planting its pumpkins in June and now offers 25 different varieties to its customers, according to Savidge.
Visitors can ride a hay-filled wagon into the pumpkin patch to pick their own pumpkins. The farm, in business since 1999, also offers other family-fun activities, including a corn maze and hay castle.
"We all have kids and we know what it costs to go places, and we want to make it affordable for all these families to come and enjoy themselves and not spend a lot of money," Savidge said. "You could spend a day here and not spend a nickle."
WFMZ's Alex Hogan visited Savidge Farms on Friday to take a hayride and learn more about picking the perfect pumpkin.
All eyes in the Wilson School District are on the district's teachers and whether they'll take to the picket lines Tuesday morning.Read More »
- Pennsylvania GOP to seek a stop to gerrymandering case
- Attorney for Reading-based firm first to testify at trial
- Pa. Supreme Court throws out state's congressional map
- Eagles NFC championship gear flying out of stores in Berks
- Berks fans record unique rendition of Eagles fight song
- Football excitement reaches fever pitch in Berks
- Allentown Mayor Pawlowski will testify during corruption trial, attorney says
- Updated Pennsylvania GOP to seek a stop to gerrymandering case
- Strike watch: Wilson to make school announcement by 7:30 p.m
- Man dies after fire tears through house in Franklin Township
- New PHOTOS: Body scanner demonstration at Wernersville CCC
- Updated $2 million fund aims to help Lehigh Valley organizations
- Police seize over $4,000 worth of drugs in Pottstown apartment
- Grenade in student's backpack at Lower Pottsgrove Elementary
- Easton police investigate shooting on Lehigh Street
- Police investigate trailer theft in Northampton Township