BECHTELSVILLE, Pa. - Racing enthusiasts in Berks County came out to mark the 50th anniversary of a local dirt racing track Sunday.
The 27th annual racing legends reunion and car show is being held at the Fairgrounds Square Mall in Reading.
The event features several types of race cars from across the area.
There's also a display looking back at the past 50 years of the Grandview Speedway in Bechtelsville.
"Reading was a main hub of dirt track racing back in the 50's and the 60's. We've lost our historic value in Reading and we need to get dirt tracks back in the area," said Kevin Heckman of Shillington.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying