REIFFTON - Twin Valley and Oley Valley will play for a county championship in field hockey for the second consecutive season.
Both the Raiders and Lynx, the top two seeds in the BCIAA tournament respectively, tallied semi-final victories at Exeter's Don Thomas Stadium on Monday night to punch their tickets to Wednesday's title showdown.
In the early game, Oley Valley (8-0, 18-1-1) tallied a 3-1 victory over Wilson West Lawn (10-0, 15-5) in a rematch of last year's county semi-final.
Jamie Fries, Carly Kauffman and Megan Kida all scored goals for the Lynx.
Avery Marz recorded the only score for the Bulldogs.
Wilson had defeated Oley just ten days ago in a regular season meeting.
In the nightcap, Twin Valley (10-0, 19-1) edged division-rival Berks Catholic, 1-0, as the Raiders look to defend their county crown.
Raiders' standout Ashley Hoffman scored with less than eight minutes left in the game to lift Twin Valley.
Berks Catholic (7-3, 15-5) goalie Regina Allen played very well in net, notching eight saves.
The Raiders have defeated the Saints three times this season by a combined score of 4-0. B.C. did not have a shot on goal Monday.
Wednesday's final with be at 7:00 at Don Thomas Stadium between the top two seeds in the tournament.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Updated Police searching for man accused of robbing Allentown shop with knife
- Updated Crews respond to morning house fire in Alburtis
- Life Lessons: Closing the word gap for toddlers
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather