WYOMISSING, Pa. - A group pushing for a federal minimum wage increase made its presence known in Wyomissing tonight.
"Can't survive on $7.25. Can't survive on $7.25," picketers chanted.
Americans United for Change brought its 11-state bus tour to the McDonald's on Penn Avenue.
The group is calling for minimum wage to be bumped up to $10.10 an hour, saying it needs to better keep up with inflation.
The group was joined tonight by Dr. Manan Trivedi.
Trivedi is unopposed for the Democratic nomination in the race for Pennsylvania's Sixth Congressional District seat.
The district covers part of Berks County.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Scott Kingery named Eastern League Player of the Week
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot bone in sneaker
- Updated DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Updated 3 white men, 2 white woman seated for Cosby jury
- Updated Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- Updated PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Updated Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Penn State trustees to weigh changes to Greek system
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Updated District attorney investigates deadly police-involved shooting in Allentown