WYOMISSING, Pa. - A group pushing for a federal minimum wage increase made its presence known in Wyomissing tonight.
"Can't survive on $7.25. Can't survive on $7.25," picketers chanted.
Americans United for Change brought its 11-state bus tour to the McDonald's on Penn Avenue.
The group is calling for minimum wage to be bumped up to $10.10 an hour, saying it needs to better keep up with inflation.
The group was joined tonight by Dr. Manan Trivedi.
Trivedi is unopposed for the Democratic nomination in the race for Pennsylvania's Sixth Congressional District seat.
The district covers part of Berks County.
Plans are in place for the public service dedicated to the memory of retail icon Albert Boscov.Read More »
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Giant launches 'Bag Hunger' campaign with one-day give
- Jackpot-winning Cash 5 lottery ticket sold in Berks
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Route 100 in Bally
- Berks Catholic boys top Schuylkill Valley in District 3 quarterfinal
- Updated Friday was a day for the record books
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Updated Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Updated Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- New Candidate for Allentown mayor may face ethics code conflict
- Updated Police allege Weis employee helped herself to $7,000
- Updated Health Beat: Cancer treatment unclogs patient's heart
- Updated State police find drugs in false-bottom cans during Nazareth raid
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot