The Reading High and Berks Catholic baseball teams advanced to the BCIAA championship game on Monday night. In the PAC-10 semifinals, defending champion Boyertown was eliminated by Methacton.
At FirstEnergy Stadium, (4) Reading knocked off top-seeded Wilson, 8-4, in the early semifinal. Maicol Parilla paced the Red Knights with 3 RBIs as they will play for a county championship for the first time in 11 years.
In the nightcap, (7) Berks Catholic defeated (6) Governor Mifflin, 7-5, in 8 innings. Franklin Ramirez scored the winning run when Wilson missed a pick-off throw at first. Pop Lacey drove in Ryan Emkey later in the inning to add insurance.
Reading will meet Berks Catholic in the county final on Wednesday night in Baseballtown at 7:05.
At Royersford, (4) Methacton edged (1) Boyertown in the semifinals, 3-2, to end the Bears streak of consecutive league titles at two.
Tyler Comport knocked in a pair of runs for Boyertown. But Glenn Seymour's sac fly in the 7th scoring Austin Bregman proved to be the difference.
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Updated Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- Updated A place of healing for veterans
- Updated Walking a mile in their shoes
- Updated Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- Updated 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Updated Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley