READING, Pa. - Reading (35-51) took an early 1-0 lead over Trenton (41-49) but the Thunder offense took over the rest of the way as the Fightins lost 10-3. Reading's Hoby Milner allowed seven runs in five-plus innings. Zach Collier and Carlos Alonso each homered for Reading.
Jake Fox put the Fightin Phils on the board in the bottom of the 1st inning as he hit a sacrifice fly off Bryan Mitchell to score Carlos Alonso and give Reading a 1-0 lead. Trenton took a quick 3-1 lead off Milner in the top of the 2nd inning as Jose Toussen hit a two-run double and Ali Castillo hit a RBI single.
Zach Collier put the Fightins within one run as he hit a solo home run off Mitchell in the bottom of the 2nd inning. The home run was Collier's second of the season. Peter O'Brien extended Trenton's lead to 4-2 off Milner in the top of the 3rd inning as he hit a solo home run.
Trenton chased Hoby Milner out of the game in the top of the 6th inning as he walked the first three Thunder batters. Seth Rosin entered the game in relief and the Thunder scored four runs off three hits to take an 8-2 lead. Jose Toussen hit a sacrifice fly with the bases loaded followed by RBI single's from Francisco Arcia, Ali Castillo and Mason Williams.
Peter O'Brien hit his second home run of the night off Rosin in the top of the 7th inning to extend the Thunder lead to 9-2. Ben Gamel hit a RBI single off Perci Garner with two outs in the top of the 8th inning to give Trenton a 10-2 lead.
Carlos Alonso hit his 8th home run of the season off Cesar Cabral in the bottom of the 8th inning to cut the Thunder lead to 10-3.
Rob Segedin was ejected in the top of the 2nd inning for arguing balls and strikes as he struck out looking.
The Fightin Phils and Trenton Thunder will meet again tomorrow night at FirstEnergy Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 pm.
Courtesy Reading Fightin Phils.
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association