BERN TWP., Pa. - It's that time of year again. The Reading Fair is almost here.
Crews at the fairgrounds in Bern Township were working Friday to get everything ready to go.
The 159th annual fair will feature lots of food, rides, games, music and racing. New this year will be $40 helicopter rides over the fairgrounds and the nearby Blue Marsh Lake.
The gates will open at 1 p.m. Sunday. The fair will run through Aug. 10.
Admission is $10 per person, which includes parking, unlimited rides and entertainment. Children three and under are admitted for free.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe