READING, Pa. - If watching the Reading Fightin Phils isn't enough, how would you like to own a car belonging to one of the players?
First baseman Jim Murphy is raffling off his 1991 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign, which features beige leather seats, a car phone, cassette player with a six-speaker sound system and automatic seat belts.
A ticket costs $5, or you can buy five tickets for $20. They'll be available through the Fightins' final homestand of the season.
The winning ticket will be drawn after the team's final home game on Aug. 29, at which time Murphy will present the keys to the car's new owner.
The raffle proceeds will help Baseballtown Charities rehabilitate Baer Park in northwest Reading. Plans call for fencing to be installed, the field to be renovated and bleachers to be replaced.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Group hopes to open medical marijuana dispensary in Berks
- Hopkins pulls off massive comeback to down Alvernia at NCAA Regional
- Updated Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Cosby 'holding up' as jury pick gets underway
- Updated Police: Group busted in Berks suspects in other East Coast thefts
- Updated DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Updated Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Updated Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer
- Easton's Common Space Kitchen gives food entrepreneurs a launching point