READING, Pa. - This weekend, Reading Fightin Phils fans can help a Muhlenberg High School senior who suffered a rare stroke to his spinal chord.
Derrick, a varsity baseball player and volunteer firefighter, suffered a rare stroke on April 24 and no longer has sensations or movement below his neck.
The fund will help cover Derrick's medical bills. It could also help his family get a wheelchair-accessible van and make improvements to their home.
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities