READING, Pa. - The Our City Reading group has been given the green light to take charge of developing the 400 block of Penn Street.
City Council voted six-to-one Monday night to let Al Boscov's nonprofit take charge of the project, allowing the group to negotiate terms with the Spencer Administration.
Officials said nothing is set in stone in terms of how the property will be developed. The buildings can be used for retail, office space or housing units.
One stipulation is that the buildings can't be used for low-income housing.
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts