WEST READING, Pa. - One of Berks County's biggest employers is helping the Greater Berks Food Bank at a crucial time.
The Reading Health System is weighing the results of its third annual "Pound Per Person Challenge."
The goal is to collect one pound of food from every employee. The system has more than 6,000 employees.
Food bank officials said the drive comes at a great time because there are fewer food drives in the winter and spring.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Updated Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome