READING, Pa. - Authorities have made an arrest in another alleged sex abuse case involving a school employee and a student in Berks County.
Jennifer Wolfe, a onetime color guard instructor for the Reading Senior High School marching band, was arrested Thursday, said detectives with the Berks County district attorney's office.
The detectives began their investigation of Wolfe in November upon receiving a complaint from the Berks County Children and Youth Services relative to a child sexual abuse case.
Investigators subsequently learned that Wolfe, 32, sexually abused a 17-year-old band member between October 2011 and April 2012, said officials, adding that the pair met when the boy was 16.
Wolfe and the boy exchanged cell phone numbers, which ultimately led to her picking up the boy in her personal vehicle and driving him to her home in Wernersville, where she engaged in sexual activity with the boy, detectives said.
On one occasion, officials said Wolfe gave the boy a drink of whiskey and Coke before engaging in sexual activity.
Wolfe, of Richland, Lebanon Co., was charged Thursday afternoon with institutional sexual assault, endangering the welfare of children and corruption of minors. She is no longer employed by the district.
The student, now 19, graduated from RHS in 2012, district officials said.
Wolfe's arrest is the latest in a series of recent arrests of school employees allegedly engaged in sexual activity with students in Berks County.
Berks County will no longer provide sheriff or emergency services department resources for the popular Reading 120 bicycle race in 2017.Read More »
- UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Middletown's buzzer-beater sinks Berks Catholic in District 3 semis
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Updated Nearly record warmth this afternoon and tomorrow with a few showers
- It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Updated Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Updated Police arrest Hunterdon man on assault charges
- Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting