RUSCOMBMANOR TWP., Pa. - A Reading man lost his life in a head-on crash in Ruscombmanor Township late Tuesday night, according to Pennsylvania State Police.
Franklin Sudler was a passenger in a car that was traveling east in the 3400 block of Pricetown Road just after 10 p.m. when it was hit by a westbound car that lost control around an icy curve in the road, police said.
Sudler, 23, of Reading, died at the scene; the driver of the struck car, Danilo Ramos, 23, of Reading, had to be rescued by emergency crews before being taken to Reading Hospital for treatment of moderate injuries, police said.
The driver of the striking vehicle, a 19-year-old man from Orwigsburg, Schuylkill County, suffered minor injuries.
Pricetown Road was closed in both directions between Route 73 and Walnuttown Road for approximately four hours.
It was hosted by the Olivet Boys and Girls Club's PAL Center for the Arts.Read More »
- Fightin Phils Job Fair held at First Energy Stadium
- Water main breaks in Reading, closes section of North Eighth Street
- Police, crews respond to incident in Exeter Township
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Rain finally wraps up early this afternoon
- Updated Water main breaks in Reading, closes section of North Eighth Street
- Parkland schools to reopen Monday after bus garage fire
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Updated Car crashes in Bucks County
- Young musicians show talents at Lehigh Valley Mall
- HUD awards Puerto Rico $1.5 billion for hurricane recovery efforts
- Broadway veteran launching children's chorus in Allentown
- Reading group hosts Black History Month celebration
- Dieruff students perform at a-capella festival