READING, Pa. - Police have identified the victim of a fatal shooting in Reading late Saturday afternoon.
Elmer Maldonado, 25, died at the hospital after being shot multiple times in the 1600 block of Perkiomen Avenue, police said.
As of late Saturday night, no arrests had been made. There's also no word yet of a possible motive for the homicide.
69 News spoke with a nearby resident who said he's frustrated with violence in the city.
"I feel like Reading is getting bad out here," Joshua Viera said. "People should stay indoors, stay with their family."
Authorities are urging anyone with information about what happened to contact Reading police or Crime Alert Berks County via anonymous text to 847411, starting the message with keyword alertberks, or by calling 877-373-9913.
The fire broke out around 3:15 p.m. Saturday on Edge Hill Road in Douglass Township.Read More »
- Reading drops series finale to New Hampshire
- Pennsylvania Game Commission to conduct controlled fire in Berks, Schuylkill Counties Sunday
- Hundreds of volunteers participate in Reading's Great American Clean Up
- Muhlenberg Township Authority dedicates water tower
- With a film in the works, fans fight over Wawa/Sheetz debate
- Berks students walk out of schools to protest gun violence
- Updated Another sunny, seasonable spring day to start the week
- Updated Body recovered from water in Carbon County
- Upper Bucks residents complain of mystery explosions
- Updated Judge in Cosby trial to rule on deposition testimony
- Updated Fire consumes barn in Williams Township
- Updated Easton, Lewisburg residents winners in the 2018 St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Updated Several hurt after fire levels detached garage in Berks County
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo celebrates Earth Day
- Updated State police searching for man who committed armed robbery in Pike County
- People go back to the 80's to raise money for American Red Cross