READING, Pa. - The Sovereign Center ice will heat up Friday night as the Reading Royals begin their quest for the ECHL's Kelly Cup.
The Royals will take on the Greenville Road Warriors in the first game of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals. The puck is scheduled to drop at 7:05 p.m.
The Royals wrapped up their regular season last week with 99 points in the standings. It's the first time the Royals have failed to reach 100 points in the team's history.
The Royals and Road Warriors faced each other twice during the regular series, with Reading winning both games. This will be their first match-up during the post-season.
The best-of-seven playoff series will continue on home ice at 7:05 p.m. Saturday. Games three, 4, and 5 are scheduled to be played in Greenville on April 10, 11 and 14.
Games six and seven, if necessary, will take place at the Sovereign Center on April 16 and 17.
Playoff tickets are available by calling 610-898-PUCK or going to the Royals' website.
Police took no chances in their investigation of what appeared to be suspicious package aboard a school bus in Berks County, calling in the bomb squad for a closer look.Read More »
- Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress
- Route 724 reopens upon completion of rain-delayed rock project
- One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Hawk Mountain bestows its highest honor on Jack Holcomb
- Rain slows project, delays reopening of Route 724 in Cumru
- Bethel-Tulpehocken Library anticipates major renovations
- Man suspected of robbing Forks Verizon store to stand trial
- Lawmakers send Real ID bill to Wolf, who plans to sign it
- Updated Suspicious package clears school, closes Route 724 in Cumru
- Updated Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress
- Updated Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Updated Route 724 reopens upon completion of rain-delayed rock project
- Updated Police looking for Walmart TV thief in Lower Nazareth
- Updated One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Updated Bluebells not blooming at Lock Ridge Park
- Updated Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam