READING, Pa. - The Sovereign Center ice will heat up Friday night as the Reading Royals begin their quest for the ECHL's Kelly Cup.
The Royals will take on the Greenville Road Warriors in the first game of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals. The puck is scheduled to drop at 7:05 p.m.
The Royals wrapped up their regular season last week with 99 points in the standings. It's the first time the Royals have failed to reach 100 points in the team's history.
The Royals and Road Warriors faced each other twice during the regular series, with Reading winning both games. This will be their first match-up during the post-season.
The best-of-seven playoff series will continue on home ice at 7:05 p.m. Saturday. Games three, 4, and 5 are scheduled to be played in Greenville on April 10, 11 and 14.
Games six and seven, if necessary, will take place at the Sovereign Center on April 16 and 17.
Playoff tickets are available by calling 610-898-PUCK or going to the Royals' website.
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association