READING, Pa. - The Reading Royals will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. next Wednesday to announce an affiliation between the ECHL team and the Philadelphia Flyers of the NHL.
Drew Bell, the Royals' president; Larry Courville, the team's head coach; and Mark Wallace, vice president of sales and marketing, will be present for the announcement at the Santander Arena.
The Flyers will be represented by Paul Holmgren, the team's president; Shawn Tilger, chief operating officer of business operations; and Barry Hanrahan, assistant general manager.
The Royals will also announce several new marketing and ticket programs for the 2014-15 ECHL season.
The Royals are currently affiliated with the NHL's Washington Capitals and the AHL's Hershey Bears.
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Local libraries fight to survive budget cuts
- Berks man who turned life around giving back to Humane Society
- Legendary coach honored at Kutztown Area High School
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22