READING, Pa. - Chris Bootcheck, Nefi Ogondo and Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez held the New Britain Rock Cats (47-48) to just a pair of hits as Reading (39-55) recorded a 4-1 win at FirstEnergy Stadium on Thursday to kick-off the second half of their season.
Bootcheck picked up his first win as a Fightin Phil, going 6 innings, striking out 4 and allowing just 1 run and 1 hit. Ogondo and Gonzalez closed the door in the final three innings, allowing 1 hit and striking out 6 combined.
Peter Lavin and Brock Stassi homered for Reading, who took an early lead and never looked back.
The series continues on Friday in Baseballtown at 7:05pm.
"We lost it all," says woman whose home was destroyed. "No words can describe it. It's gone. It's gone."Read More »
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- Bucknell's Nana Foulland earns Patriot League Player of the Year honors
- Reading Fightins enlist help of students to design special jersey
- Police, coroner probing death of 18-month-old girl
- Berks coroner seeks next of kin for Muhlenberg man
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Updated Storm cleanup underway in Bushkill Twp.
- Updated More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- Updated Man lands in jail on outstanding warrant, $1 bail
- East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- Man dies days after severely burned by cigarette
- Updated Health Beat: ThermiRase: Wrinkle eraser
- Police say pot complaint leads officers to felon hiding gun