READING, Pa. - A Reading woman has admitted to being at the scene of a shooting that was caught on camera, but she denies being the one seen on the video pulling the trigger.
Despite her denial, Coralys Lopez was charged Friday with aggravated assault, firearms not to be carried without a license, possessing an instrument of a crime, simple assault, and recklessly endangering another person.
Lopez, 29, told RPD investigators she was looking for cocaine on the night of August 24 and knocked on the door of a home in the area of 10th and Penn streets, however, the man there had only "crack," according to court documents.
Police said the surveillance video then shows Lopez using a handgun to fire numerous shots at a man, who ran from the scene with gunshot wounds to a foot and arm.
As part of a separate investigation, police searched a home where Lopez was staying in the 400 block of Bingaman Court in Reading, where they found approximately 100 grams of bulk cocaine, about 100 grams of bulk heroin, a small amount of marijuana, a handgun, and approximately $15,000 in cash, according to court documents.
In that case, Lopez was charged with numerous drug offenses. She is being held in the Berks County Jail on $125,000 bail.
It's not yet officially winter, and we're already on the third snowfall in the region in a week's time.Read More »
- Babysitter charged in sexual assault of 2 young children
- Judge dismisses charges against attempted homicide suspect
- Bell Alley Pretzel saved; 'Now, I can do what I love'
- Time to hit slopes at Bear Creek Mountain Resort
- Family, friends gather to remember, mourn Miguel Reyes
- 'Shop with a Cop' makes kids' Christmas brighter
- Seasonably cold, mainly dry this weekend with a snow shower possible
- Updated Bethlehem police: Man shoots ex-girlfriend, her new boyfriend
- Updated Valley Forge Baptist Academy handbell choir performs Christmas classics
- Spirit of Giving: Allentown Rescue Mission
- Raszler defense attorney requests evidence from Horvath trial
- Like a real-life Hoth, Star Wars fans brave the snow
- Ashley's Angels making Christmas miracles in Berks County
- APD vs. BPD in a Christmas tree throw for charity
- East Stroudsburg Salvation Army needs a little help this year
- Easton police searching for shooting suspect