READING, Pa. - A suspect is in custody in the robbery of a credit union in Reading, police said.
The holdup happened shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Riverfront Federal Credit Union at 430 S. 4th St.
A man handed a teller a note demanding money and then took off with cash, police said.
The suspect, identified as Alhaji Sarr-Daffee, was later apprehended at South 5th and Chestnut streets, but not before he pushed an officer, police said.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem