READING, Pa. - Police are trying to identify two men who attacked a clerk at a store in Reading.
The woman, 21, who did not want to release her name, told 69 News she was sent to the hospital and suffered a mild concussion after being punched in the face inside a Family Dollar store.
"You can definitely see she's still kind of nervous and anxious," said Desiree, the victim's older sister.
Desiree's sister has worked at the Family Dollar store in the 400 block of West Douglass Street for about six months, but now she is afraid to return.
"When she talks about going to work you can definitely hear she is uneasy about it," said Desiree.
The attack happened around 6:15 p.m. Sunday. Two men wearing ski masks dragged the woman to the front counter and ordered her to open the safe, said police.
The clerk said she didn't know the code and froze up.
"She was telling me one of the gentleman punched her in the face, and they were trying to bash her head into the counter," said Desiree.
The store manager was in the back office, and when she came out the two men ran off, said police.
"It's just stupid. People are going to resort to that to try and get quick money when you end up behind bars for a couple hundred dollars," said Scott Kirlin, who is engaged to the victim's sister.
Police said the two men did not take any money.
The worker was treated at Reading Hospital, but she said she still has a hard time sleeping and fears the men will strike again.
If you know anything that can help police make arrests in this case, call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913.
- Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback