STOCKTON, Calif. - The Reading Royals defeated the Stockton Thunder, 3-1, on Tuesday night in game three of the Kelly Cup Finals.
The Royals now lead the best-of-seven series 3-0, putting them just one win away from the franchise's first-ever Kelly Cup title.
Stockton's Harrison Reed got the Thunder on the board in the first period, but Reading responded shortly after on a goal by Yannick Tifu.
The Captain wasn't finished. Still tied at 1 in the third period, Tifu buried what proved to be the game-winning goal on an assist from T.J. Syner.
Kirk MacDonald added an empty-netter in the game's final seconds to seal the victory and a 3-0 series lead.
"Kelly Cup is ours," Royals fan Ben Amoroso wrote on the team's Facebook page after the win.
"Nice win," commented Rich Buser. "Had hoped to see the team hoist the cup in Reading, but....."
"Way to go Royals," wrote Ben Sheetz. "WE WANT THE CUP!!!!"
The Royals can clinch in Game 4 on Friday night in Stockton at 10:30 ET.
The remainder of the schedule, if necessary, is as follows:
- Game 5: Sat., May 25 (10:30 p.m. ET) at Stockton Arena, Stockton, Calif.
- Game 6: Tues., May 28 (7:05 p.m. ET) at Sovereign Center, Reading
- Game 7: Wed., May 29 (7:05 p.m. ET) at Sovereign Center, Reading
"We lost it all," says woman whose home was destroyed. "No words can describe it. It's gone. It's gone."Read More »
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- Reading Fightins enlist help of students to design special jersey
- Police, coroner probing death of 18-month-old girl
- Berks coroner seeks next of kin for Muhlenberg man
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Boscov: An American Story
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Updated More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- Updated Man lands in jail on outstanding warrant, $1 bail
- Updated East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- Updated Man dies days after severely burned by cigarette
- Health Beat: ThermiRase: Wrinkle eraser
- Police say pot complaint leads officers to felon hiding gun
- Allentown man found with three pounds of marijuana in car