READING - The Reading Royals began training camp over the weekend. The team returns a solid core of players from last year's Kelly Cup championship squad as the team looks for a repeat title run.
Overall, nine skaters and two goalies return on the 2013-2014 training camp roster. They include:
- Yannick Tifu (F)
- Julien Cayer (F)
- T.J. Syner (F)
- Ian O'Connor (F)
- Bobby Shea (D)
- Brett Flemming (D)
- Bryant Molle (D)
- David Marshall (F)
- Ethan Cox (F)
- Riley Gill (G)
- Brandon Anderson (G)
That provides a very good start for head coach Larry Courville in training camp. New players that have impressed so far are Domenic Monardo (F) and Sean Wiles (F).
The Royals, whether they are returners or new faces, are eager to defend their championship. Should Reading repeat as Kelly Cup champions, it would be their second title in franchise history.
More will be known about the team following its preseason games over the weekend. Reading hosts Wheeling on Friday. The team will then visit Elmira on Saturday.
The Royals open their regular season at home on October 19th against the South Carolina Stingrays.
- Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Updated Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire