SPRING TOWNSHIP, Pa. - The Reading Royals could be hoisting their first Kelly Cup. Game four started in California Friday night and fans in Berks County were keeping their eyes on the action.
The fans at Jimmy G's Railroad House are pretty confident that this will be the last game in this best of seven series. There were over a dozen tvs for them to catch the action. Fans couldn't wait to see their Reading Royals take the ice in Stockton, California against the Stockton Thunder.
"Just being able to see it live here even though it's not on our home ice, I'm going to be ecstatic," said Tricia Magner of Birdsboro.
Tricia Magner's team has won two games in Reading and one on the road, and Friday they're going for a sweep in the best of seven series.
"This is our first chance to win it. If we win this game tonight we're bringing the Kelly Cup home to Reading," said Magner.
"It would be nice to have them win here at home and we're definitely going to go Tuesday night," said Kevin Neiswender, "But they're up three games to none. Win it all tonight and come home."
"It's ashame they couldn't win it here, but at least they're going to bring it home," said Jake Shipe of Sinking Spring, "We're going to have a parade in Reading."
But before any parade happens, the players have to get it done on the ice.
"Of course I'm going to be watching," said Mike Bross of Sinking Spring.
"I'm passioante and I feel like we're going to win tonight," said Magner.
The general manager said all the players are feeling healthy and were prepared. But he said it wouldn't be easy, no team wants to be eliminated from the championship on home ice.
If the Royals lose, they'll play Game 5 in Stockton at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Games 6 and 7, if necessary, will be back at the Sovereign Center at 7:05 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe