READING, Pa. - With the playoffs just a few weeks away, the Reading Royals looked like a playoff team Wednesday night.
The Royals throttled Wheeling, 7-1, at the Sovereign Center. T.J. Syner recorded a hat trick for Reading, scoring three consecutive goals over the first and second periods.
Riley Gill was sharp in net for the Royals. The goaltender stopped 27 shots on 28 chances.
Reading leads the Atlantic Division by 11 points over Elmira. The Jackals will visit the Sovereign Center Friday night.
The Royals also trail Cincinnati by just one point for top spot in the Eastern Conference.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival