READING, Pa. - Twelve teachers in the Reading School District will be getting their jobs back.
The Reading School Board voted Wednesday night to reinstate the pre-kindergarten program.
The move will free up teaching positions in kindergarten through 5th grade and allow the district to bring back 12 of the 231 teachers furloughed last month.
Last year, the pre-K program cost more than $1 million and served about 480 children.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Updated Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome