READING, Pa. - Twelve teachers in the Reading School District will be getting their jobs back.
The Reading School Board voted Wednesday night to reinstate the pre-kindergarten program.
The move will free up teaching positions in kindergarten through 5th grade and allow the district to bring back 12 of the 231 teachers furloughed last month.
Last year, the pre-K program cost more than $1 million and served about 480 children.
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley
- No extreme warmth or cold over the next 7 to 10 days
- Car fire slows traffic on I-78 near Hellertown