The Berks Catholic and Boyertown baseball teams will play for their respective District crowns on Thursday. The Saints will take on Susquenita in the District III-AA final. The Bears will face off with Methacton or Conestoga in the District I-AAAA final.
The Berks Catholic baseball team suffered a one run loss in the county championship earlier this season. But instead of letting the feeling linger, the Saints have taken it out on their District III bracket and find themselves once again with a chance to win a title.
The chance to claim and even bigger title has totally altered the team's focus heading into Thursday's game at Santander Stadium in York.
Not to mention, the Saints have the opportunity to make a little history and avenge a loss in this same game two years ago. B.C. is going for it's first District title in program history.
Berks County will also be represented in Thursday's District I baseball championship. Boyertown has made a dominant run through the tournament and will face either Conestoga or Methacton in Thursday's final.
With the Bears, it's been a pretty simple formula of dominant pitching and timely hitting.
Highlighted by a weather-shortened no-hitter from Tyler Bauman on Tuesday, Boyertown has shutout all three of its District opponents. That's 19 innings of goose eggs.
It's been an impressive run by the Bears, one that Brandon Griesemer would love to continue on Thursday.
- Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania