READING - The Berks Catholic boys did not get a chance to defend their District 3 championship this season. But the Saints finished the tournament with a pair of wins and earned the district's fifth seed in the state tournament.
Awaiting them in the first round is a juggernaut, District 12 champion Neumann-Goretti.
The Saints know what kind of challenge awaits them Friday night, but they certainly aren't backing down.
In fact, getting a shot at Neumann-Goretti was the team's goal once the District title was no longer in reach. Berks Catholic feels like it gives the team a chance to prove itself again.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Group hopes to open medical marijuana dispensary in Berks
- Hopkins pulls off massive comeback to down Alvernia at NCAA Regional
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog