READING, Pa. - A wanted man arrested in New York has been returned to Berks County.
Ismael Seals was nabbed in Syracuse earlier this month after a warrant was issued for his arrest in the assault of a Reading school student.
Seals, authorities said, assaulted a 17-year-old student on April 24 while working as a behavioral specialist at the Paramount Academy, a school for students with therapeutic needs.
The student suffered bruises.
Seals is charged with aggravated and simple assault, endangering the welfare of children, tampering with public records and related offenses.
Meantime, the Reading School Board has voted to end its alternative education agreement with Camelot Schools, which operated the Paramount Academy.
The Berks County Intermediate Unit is taking over the program.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome