Summer vacation has come to an end for students in two of Berks County's 18 public school districts.
Tuesday was the first day for students to return to the classroom in the Brandywine Heights Area and Oley Valley school districts.
Brandywine Heights took to Twitter with a little humor on the eve of the first day, sharing a meme of actor Will Ferrell as Buddy the Elf and the words, "BHASD starts tomorrow. I'm so excited!!!"
Students in the county's 16 other school districts will have to contain their excitement a bit longer.
Classes will resume in the Hamburg Area School District on Thursday; students in all other districts -- Antietam, Boyertown Area, Conrad Weiser, Daniel Boone Area, Exeter Township, Fleetwood Area, Governor Mifflin, Kutztown Area, Muhlenberg, Reading, Schuylkill Valley, Tulpehocken Area, Twin Valley, Wilson, and Wyomissing -- will return to school next Monday, August 27.
Next Monday will also be the first day for students in the Upper Perkiomen School District, which includes Berks County's Hereford Township.
A day after being told he's out as Reading's managing director, Glenn Steckman is firing back at his former boss, Mayor Wally Scott.Read More »
- Car 'nowhere to be found' after crash on Route 61 in Hamburg
- Fast-moving flames engulf motorhome near Virginville
- Trooper from Berks suspended after alleged assault on fiance
- Fightin Phils' field set for first football game in 35 years
- RSD board to consider plans for cooling middle schools
- Hamburg fugitive's dad speaks out after son jumps into river
- Gunman dead in shooting at judge's office in western Pa.
- Allentown narrowly approves debt refinancing
- Final Downtown Alive concert of the summer
- Search for man who shot, killed parents in Chester County
- Mayor responds to former city manager's comments
- Dog the Bounty Hunter to join search for Shawn Christy
- South Whitehall to purchase three fire department vehicles
- Council members say faith is lost in Phillipsburg mayor
- PHOTOS: Galactic Empire headlines final Downtown Alive concert of 2018
- Grants and rebates for electric vehicle charging stations announced