BERKS COUNTY - The Conrad Weiser and Daniel Boone boys basketball teams picked up non-league wins Thursday night on their home courts.
In Robesonia, Conrad Weiser (2-1) won 63-55 over Berks I opponent Muhlenberg (1-2).
Weiser's Andy Orr led all scorers with 22 points, two of which came on a thunderous slam dunk in the fourth quarter. Cartier Talford had 18 points and Dexter Jordan added 10 for the Scouts.
The Muhls were topped by 20 points from Jalen Flynn and 12 from Nelson Hine.
Conrad Weiser hosts Pine Grove on Friday. Muhlenberg visits Fleetwood on the same day.
Paced by a game-high 13 points from Dan Downs, Daniel Boone (2-1) rolled past Pottsgrove, 59-36, in Birdsboro.
The Blazers led by 21 at halftime and never looked back. Steven Sievers had 12 points and Kenny Worthington added 10 for a balanced Boone attack.
Daniel Boone visits Boyertown on Saturday.
Berks County will no longer provide sheriff or emergency services department resources for the popular Reading 120 bicycle race in 2017.Read More »
- UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Middletown's buzzer-beater sinks Berks Catholic in District 3 semis
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Updated Nearly record warmth this afternoon and tomorrow with a few showers
- It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Updated Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Updated Police arrest Hunterdon man on assault charges
- Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting