ROBESONIA, Pa. - Conrad Weiser got by Donegal in in its District 3 playoff opener last week. The Scouts will face an even greater challenge in the quarterfinals Friday when they go to Mechanicsburg to take on undefeated Bishop McDevitt.
The Crusaders are the top-seeded team in the 3-A bracket and showed why, winning their first-round game 40-13.
But the Scouts aren't backing down. They realize they're the underdogs and know what they have to do be successful.
Not to mention Weiser remembers full well that McDevitt ended their season last year in this very same quarterfinal round.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Updated Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying