SPRING TWP., Pa. - A seafood restaurant that was revived after nearly two decades has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Seafood Shanty in Spring Twp., Berks Co., made the move last week, according to court documents.
The restaurant opened in February 2012, about 18 years after the original Seafood Shanty closed because of tax problems.
The restaurant was revived by a longtime fan.
Seafood Shanty remains open in Broadcasting Square.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival