DRUMORE, Pa. - The search continues for two Berks County men who went missing when their boat capsized on the Susquehanna River in York County on Saturday.
The missing men have been identified as Jonny Velez, 21, of Muhlenberg Township, and Cody Moyer, 20, of Laureldale.
A third man, Brandon Allen, 20, of Muhlenberg Township, was able to swim to shore after the boat overturned around 5:45 p.m. about a quarter-mile south of the Peach Bottom nuclear plant.
Mark Barto, deputy chief of Robert Fulton Fire Company, said the boat set out from the York County side of the river but started to take on water.
Crews from Lancaster County in Pennsylvania and Harford and Cecil counties in Maryland, along with a Maryland State Police helicopter, searched both sides of the river and completed two grid searches of the water.
Family members said Moyer's shoes were found on a Maryland shore about six miles away, and they're hopeful both men made it out of the river safely.
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Group hopes to open medical marijuana dispensary in Berks
- Hopkins pulls off massive comeback to down Alvernia at NCAA Regional
- Kingery's 2nd blast propels Fightins to 6th-straight win
- Cosby 'holding up' as jury pick gets underway
- Updated Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- Coroner identifies Lehigh County man killed in Allentown police-involved shooting
- Updated Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer
- Easton's Common Space Kitchen gives food entrepreneurs a launching point
- LIVE original lineup to perform at Musikfest this summer
- Rock icons Godsmack to headline Musikfest Aug. 9
- Lehigh County man charged with attempted homicide
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns