DRUMORE, Pa. - The search continues for two Berks County men who went missing when their boat capsized on the Susquehanna River in York County on Saturday.
The missing men have been identified as Jonny Velez, 21, of Muhlenberg Township, and Cody Moyer, 20, of Laureldale.
A third man, Brandon Allen, 20, of Muhlenberg Township, was able to swim to shore after the boat overturned around 5:45 p.m. about a quarter-mile south of the Peach Bottom nuclear plant.
Mark Barto, deputy chief of Robert Fulton Fire Company, said the boat set out from the York County side of the river but started to take on water.
Crews from Lancaster County in Pennsylvania and Harford and Cecil counties in Maryland, along with a Maryland State Police helicopter, searched both sides of the river and completed two grid searches of the water.
Family members said Moyer's shoes were found on a Maryland shore about six miles away, and they're hopeful both men made it out of the river safely.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Updated Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- Updated Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Updated Building community by building birdhouses
- Updated Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome
- Reading Royals owner buys ECHL team in Texas
- Suspect in beating death denied access to trial materials over witness safety concerns
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot