DOUGLASS TWP., Pa. - A Berks County man has been arrested following the discovery of drugs, weapons and money on his property near Boyertown, county detectives said Tuesday.
Law enforcement authorities converged on the first block of Hickory Lane in Douglass Township shortly after 5:30 p.m. Monday to serve a number of search warrants.
The detectives said they arrived to find Michael Lynch standing outside his home, where he was detained and advised of his rights.
A subsequent search of Lynch's recreational vehicle and home turned up approximately five pounds of marijuana, a scale and packaging material, and numerous weapons and ammunition, officials said.
Lynch was also found to have $1,576 in cash inside one of his pants pockets, according to court documents.
Lynch, 45, was charged with multiple drug offenses and committed to the Berks County Jail on $250,000 bail.
- Health Beat: 5 ways to protect your eyes from aging
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients