WYOMISSING, Pa. - The Sears at the Berkshire Mall in Wyomissing will be closing.
Sears Holdings announced Thursday the company will be closing 40 stores in February 2019.
Liquidation sales are expected to begin late next week.
Additionally, Sears Auto Store will also be closing.
Berks County's only Bon-Ton recently closed its doors in August 2018 at the Berkshire Mall. With Sears closing, the mall has lost two if its three anchor stores.
The Sears locations in Pennsylvania that are closing also include the Sears in Stroudsburg, North Versailles near Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
A vigil originally planned for the sixth anniversary of the Sandy Hook school shooting in Connecticut took on new meaning in Reading this week when three young men, 18-year-old Marli Alonso, 19-year-old Joel Cintron, and 20-year-old Omar Harris,...Read More »
- Reading vs. West Catholic Boys Basketball Highlights
- 18 arrested in Reading drug bust 'Operation K-O'd'
- Grounds crew lays new sod at FirstEnergy stadium
- New mini-mall coming to Muhlenberg Township
- Reading SD, police investigate potential threat related to triple shooting
- Police respond to accident involving vehicle into pole in Kenhorst
- 5 displaced after Allentown fire
- Final decision on Allentown's tax increase to come Saturday
- Foundation gives trip of a lifetime for Easton mom battling stage 4 cancer
- Coat drive spreads warmth to local foster families
- State fire marshal investigating after fully-involved fire in Carbon County
- Driver in Allentown head-on collision sent to hospital with serious injuries
- 2 NJ women killed in PA dump truck crash identified
- NJ bars circuses, carnivals from using wild, exotic animals
- Grinch anything but mean at Emmaus bookstore
- New museum exhibit features cast iron toys