READING, Pa. - Bobby Shea scored nearly 10 minutes into the second overtime, giving the Royals a 5-4 win over Cincinnati and a 1-0 edge in their conference final series.
Neither team scored consecutive goals all game. The Royals and Cyclones went goal for goal until Shea's winner in the second overtime.
Evan Barlow netted a pair of goals for Reading. T.J. Syner added one as well.
Dominic Jalbert's goal tied the game at 4 when he put one off the boards and caught Cincinnati goalie Michael Houser napping. That was with a minute and a half left in the game and sent it to OT, where Shea eventually won it.
Game 2 of the series is Sunday afternoon at the Sovereign Center.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Updated Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Updated LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Updated Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire