As redevelopment of the VF Outlet Center becomes more evident on the outside, behind-the-scenes efforts are also underway to fill the space when the work is complete.
Sly Fox Brewing may be one of the complex's new tenants. The Pottstown-based company confirmed to 69 News on Wednesday that it is in talks with developers to occupy some of the space at the sprawling complex, which straddles the border between Wyomissing and West Reading.
The news comes nearly three months after Sly Fox announced a partnership with the GoggleWorks Center for the Arts in Reading's Entertainment Square. The brewery's beers will be featured at a new bar, and a campus-wide liquor license will allow patrons to carry them throughout the 145,000-square-foot complex.
"Sly Fox will continue to expand our appreciation for and outreach to the Berks County community," John Giannopoulos, managing partner of the brewery, told 69 News in July.
Sly Fox's headquarters in Pottstown is home to its brewery and tasting room. The company also has a brewhouse and restaurant in East Pikeland Township, Chester County, near Phoenixville.
Equus Capital Partners, a Philadelphia-based private equity real estate investment management firm, bought the 34-acre VF site last year. The company said it will spend $70 million to transform the center from a bargain hunter's destination to a mix of office, retail, and restaurant space.
So far, UGI Energy Services has committed to relocating its headquarters and approximately two-thirds of its more than 250 employees from Spring Township to VF's Blue Building.
Wawa also plans to build a convenience store on part of the complex's parking lot that is bordered by Penn Avenue and Park Road.
Plans for one of the site's largest buildings -- the former Designers Place -- have not yet been announced. The building's last remaining tenant, Reading China & Glass, closed over the summer after having a presence on the property for nearly 40 years.
- Department of Labor sues East Penn Manufacturing
- US Senate confirms top prosecutor for Pa.'s Eastern District
- Traffic restrictions, road crews in place ahead of storm
- Tractor-trailer crash closes stretch of Pa. Turnpike
- Winter storm warning for Berks through 8 p.m. Wednesday
- Berks couple charged after dead baby found inside apartment
- 69 News Snow Patrol: Lehigh Valley (9am)
- Updated 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (9 a.m.)
- WATCH: Matt Broderick's morning forecast
- Steve Mittman's 8am traffic report
- LANTA to run on modified scheduled Wednesday
- Updated Speed, travel restrictions in place on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Bethlehem's Second Avenue will be narrowed: Council
- Parkland enrollment up, requests more staff
- Updated US Senate confirms top prosecutor for Pa.'s Eastern District