READING, Pa. - The season's first snowstorm has forced the Reading Royals to postpone one of their three home games this weekend.
The Royals' match-up with the Brampton Beast at the Santander Arena on Saturday has been rescheduled for Monday at 7 p.m.
"This is a very rare occurrence and never an easy decision to make," said Drew Bell, the team's president. "In the sake of everyone's safety and the reports that keep getting worse of a direct hit from this storm, we feel this is in the best interest of the teams and the fans."
The Royals said they will honor tickets for Saturday's game on Monday or at another game this season.
Gordon Kaye's wall of honor induction ceremony that was also set for Saturday night will be held later in the season.
"I will be working with Gordon Kaye to identify a date that works with him and the organization to welcome him to the Wall of Honor," Bell said. "Please, everyone be safe and enjoy the weather with your friends, neighbors and family."
The Royals' game against the Beast at 7 p.m. on Friday is still on, however, the team suggests that all fans use the "utmost discretion" in deciding whether to attend.
The game can be heard live on CBS SportsRadio 1240 AM and 98.5 FM in Reading.
Sunday's 4 p.m. game against the Elmira Jackals is still on, however, that may change depending on Elmira's ability to travel from its games in Norfolk, Virginia, officials said.
- Reading Red Knights sent to championship game in style
- Police ID victim of fatal pedestrian accident in Marion
- Womelsdorf man killed in crash on Route 501 in Bethel
- Reading businesses prepare for Red Knights watch parties
- Reading High boys receiving huge support from community
- Boyertown girls, clutch in this state tournament, ready for big stage
- Updated Jury reaches verdict in trial of Penn State ex-president
- Updated Driver killed, another injured in crash in Exeter
- Updated 2 charged in 2013 killing of 16-year-old in Allentown
- Updated Reading Red Knights sent to championship game in style
- Updated Prosecutor: Penn State trial jury kept focus on kids
- Updated Health Beat: Operation Walk USA
- Police allege suspect tries to run after officer finds stolen gun
- Woman guilty of kidnapping baby from KOP food court
- Suspect in sex assault case backs out of plea deal
- Air Products announces it will not purchase Yingde Gases Group