KUTZTOWN, Pa. - Police are on the hunt for a man who robbed a bank in Berks County.
The holdup happened Thursday afternoon at the Sovereign Bank on Constitution Boulevard in Kutztown.
The robber handed a teller a note demanding money, said police, adding that he then grabbed an undetermined amount of cash and ran out of the bank and into a wooded area across the street.
Police cordoned off the bank with crime scene tape while a K9 officer tried to pick up the robber's scent.
The robber was described as a white man who stood about 5 feet, 6 inches tall with glasses and a goatee. He was wearing a blue bandanna.
Anyone with information about the holdup is asked to call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913 or the Kutztown Police Department at 610-683-3545. A cash reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.
"We lost it all," says woman whose home was destroyed. "No words can describe it. It's gone. It's gone."Read More »
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- Reading Fightins enlist help of students to design special jersey
- Police, coroner probing death of 18-month-old girl
- Berks coroner seeks next of kin for Muhlenberg man
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Boscov: An American Story
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Updated More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- Updated Man lands in jail on outstanding warrant, $1 bail
- Updated East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- Updated Man dies days after severely burned by cigarette
- Updated Health Beat: ThermiRase: Wrinkle eraser
- Police say pot complaint leads officers to felon hiding gun
- Allentown man found with three pounds of marijuana in car