BERKS COUNTY - Schuylkill Valley hosts Wyomissing on Friday in a game that will not only affect the Berks II standings, but the District III seeds as well.
The Panthers (1-3, 5-3) snapped a three-game losing streak last week with a big win at Donegal. While Jeff Chillot's team has enjoyed getting back on track, it knows it will have to refocus quick.
Wyomissing (4-0, 5-3) is a team that has won three straight and looks to be playing it's best football of the year right now.
In the current District III standings, Schuylkill Valley is ranked 5th and Wyomissing is ranked 4th. So the winner of this game will likely earn a first-round playoff game at home.
The Spartans tested themselves against a challenging non-league schedule, results which may be showing now.
Wyo is focused on stopping Schuylkill Valley tailback Nick Scheidt, who has already eclipsed the 1,000 yard rushing mark this year.
Wyomissing/Schuylkill Valley will be featured on the Big Ticket Friday.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying