ROYERSFORD, Pa. - All Berks County baseball teams have been eliminated from state tournament contention. But there is one area squad still in the hunt for PIAA gold. Spring-Ford notched an opening round win over Parkland on Monday, earning a trip to the AAAA quarterfinals.
Awaiting the Rams on Thursday is a familiar foe, PAC-10 and District I champion Methacton.
The Rams won a pair of games against the Warriors this season in what was a competitive PAC-10 conference. A race that saw Spring-Ford finish near the top.
But it wasn't all smiles. Part of the motivation for Spring-Ford's postseason run comes from their early exit in the conference tournament. It's a loss that left an imprint.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Updated Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death