UNION TWP., Pa. - A guidance counselor at Daniel Boone Area High School stands accused of having an inappropriate relationship with a student.
Jamie Witzel, 40, of Schwenksville, Montgomery County, is facing charges of statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, unlawful contact with a minor, institutional sexual assault, corruption of minors and indecent assault.
Investigators said Witzel repeatedly had sexual intercourse with a male student in 2016 and 2017. Officials said the encounters took place in Witzel's office and in her car.
The student was 15 years old at the time, according to police.
Witzel was released on $50,000 unsecured bail after surrendering to police.
A day after being told he's out as Reading's managing director, Glenn Steckman is firing back at his former boss, Mayor Wally Scott.Read More »
- Car 'nowhere to be found' after crash on Route 61 in Hamburg
- Fast-moving flames engulf motorhome near Virginville
- Trooper from Berks suspended after alleged assault on fiance
- Fightin Phils' field set for first football game in 35 years
- RSD board to consider plans for cooling middle schools
- Hamburg fugitive's dad speaks out after son jumps into river
- Gunman dead in shooting at judge's office in western Pa.
- Updated Allentown narrowly approves debt refinancing
- Final Downtown Alive concert of the summer
- Search for man who shot, killed parents in Chester County
- Mayor responds to former city manager's comments
- Dog the Bounty Hunter to join search for Shawn Christy
- South Whitehall to purchase three fire department vehicles
- Council members say faith is lost in Phillipsburg mayor
- PHOTOS: Galactic Empire headlines final Downtown Alive concert of 2018
- Grants and rebates for electric vehicle charging stations announced